Sunday, January 6, 2013

Two is always better than one...

I know it's incredibly common for self-published authors to miss a typo or make a formatting mistake here and there, especially those who do the whole thing by themselves like I did, but I had naively hoped that I was the exception. Silly me!

My sister, thank God for her close eye, found a timeline error! I caught it during my editing, but somehow still didn't fix the whole thing. Grrr!

I'm bummed about not finding this and correcting it before I published, but I'm more upset for the readers that have already purchased Unexpectedly Out of Focus. If you're reading this and you're one of the few who got this copy I'm very sorry for this error. I hope it didn't ruin the reading experience for you, my sister assures me it didn't ruin it for her, and sisters or not she's the brutally honest one of us three! :)

So the moral of the post today: A second pair of fresh eyes is always better than trying to do it all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment