Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sneak Peek #2

My eyes went wide and my throat closed up embarrassed by my thoughts; I couldn’t believe I was thinking that. “Are you alright?” he asked reaching out to me in concern. I must have looked like I was choking or freaking out. Spider or gum? Spider or gum?  I thought quickly trying to come up with a believable excuse when I blurted out, “I swallowed a spider!” What? I swallowed a spider? What the hell is wrong with me?! I thought giving myself a mental forehead slap. His eyebrows shot up, “You swallowed what?” “Um, I meant I swallowed my gum when I thought I saw a spider by your desk. Yep, mhm,” I said with a nervous chuckle fidgeting with my hair, something I always did when I was nervous. Now he probably thinks I’m a weirdo he’s stuck with showing him around the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment