Monday, December 31, 2012

Finished and Ready to Publish!

I'm finally here. I've got the book cover exactly how I want it, I've got all my edits in and ready to be corrected. By tonight I'll be a published indie-author and I couldn't be more thrilled and utterly proud that I did it :) I have a tendency to pick up something with so much enthusiasm only to lose steam half way through so this is such a big deal for me! Word is already spreading about how great my book is thanks to my amazing beta reader Maira, friends and of course my ever supportive mom! Where would any author, especially an indie-author, be without amazing support? With that being said I'd like to take a moment to thank those that have tirelessly supported me.

Sam, my husband, you inspire me daily. You push me to be great and when I refuse to put a book down to write my own you push me off the couch and in front of the computer! :) I love you with all of my heart!

Mom, your excitement and confidence, even before you read a single word of my book has filled me with such confidence I can't ever thank you enough for that. A parent's support no matter how old we get is so very important and you never fail to give it, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Uncle Steve, you inspired me before I ever thought of writing this story. Your own writing is amazing so having your support and excitement means the world to me!

Eileithyiae, you are the best friend a girl could ask for. You always see the brighter side of everything and I definitely needed that sunny disposition on more than one occasion during this writing process. I love your reactions to every snippet that you get to read. It's because of your enthusiasm that I feel confident that you will not be the only person to react this way to Unexpectedly and other stories I've started. Thank you for being such a great friend and supporting me the whole way through.

Suzanne, Your intelligence and candor have helped me to not lose focus when creating this story. If I overly romanticized a character or situation you didn't hold back from telling me. Thank you for that!


 Maira, thank you for taking on the task of being my only beta reader! When you told me that you weren't much of a reader I knew you would be the only test I needed. I thought if I could win over a non-reader then my hard work would have been worth it. Thank you for your honest feedback and for spreading the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment