Monday, August 20, 2012

Witchblood by Emma Mills Review

WitchbloodWitchblood by Emma Mills

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Let me start by saying though I did not give the book a five star rating I did LOVE it! The story was well developed, easy to follow and bewitching ;) I couldn't put it down until I finished it. The characters are believable and likable, whether you like to love them or like to hate them, the emotion is there. The descriptions of each scene was great in that it didn't drag on to the point where I had to skim just to get to the dialogue so that was a definite plus! I loved the relationship developing between Jess, 17 yr old newly turned vampire/half witch, and her maker Daniel. Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I desperately wanted it to speed up, but understood why Jess couldn't allow herself to fall in love so quickly. My only problem, however, was that Jess could be so naive or sheltered and yet be so unwilling to trust those closest to her (Daniel and Eva). I get her being stubborn, behaving like a 17 year old and not wanting to submit to a "master". I could even understand her not trusting Luke after feeling so deceived, but sharing a telepathic bond with Daniel, being able to feel what he feels and the lengths he goes to protect her, I don't understand why even 'til the end of the book she's still hesitant to fully trust him. This aside, the story was so spellbinding as soon as I finished I went to the author's blog, became a fan, following her updates, and bought the second book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment