Sunday, March 24, 2013

Snippet Sunday...

So sorry I completely flaked last Sunday so today I've decided to post a slightly longer snippet...enjoy!

*****
The setup: Jane (blue font) and Mary (pink font) are in the ladies room talking about where to stay while they are in Sedona...

“Hey, sorry about leaving you to get a room on your own last night, I was so tired I could barely think. I was going to offer to split the bill with you, but then Bryce suggested he take the bill completely and you and Sarah can share the room.” I quickly spit my words out and cringe, waiting for her to hotly reject anything from him.
“That won’t be necessary,” she says distractedly holding up outfits for Ginny to pick. I open my mouth to argue, her stubbornness can be frustrating sometimes, but she continues, stopping me before I can get a sound out, “I stayed at the cabin with Alex.” She smiles up at Ginny still trying to get her to return a smile, “and he said I can stay as long as I’d like,” the smile on her face is making her voice come out dreamy-like.
“Oh.” I didn't expect that.
"You're okay with that right?" she asks and looks at me with her perfected faux innocent look perhaps forgetting that I can tell the difference.
Strange.
“Yeah, of course, whatever is comfortable for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment